FLL Mission Statement: FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is a global program created to get kids excited about science and technology. Geared for ages 9-14, FLL utilizes theme-based Challenges to engage kids in research, problem solving, and engineering.
A maximum of ten students must work together to create a robot and various other tasks for the season. Each year, a team is expected to do the following (with the help of mentors):
- Research and solve a real-world problem based on the Challenge theme
- Present their research and solutions
- Build an autonomous robot using engineering concepts
Aside from building a robot, FLL participants are expected to abide by the following rules:
- Be respectful for the best teamwork possible
- Be honest and compassionate at all times
- Keep the spirit of good sportsmanship
- Gracious Professionalism and act with integrity
- Encourage others to adopt the values of FLL
To learn more about FLL, click here.