Over the years, Team 1089 has presented several workshops for teams. Below is a collection of our technical materials. Please feel free to download and share these with your team, mentors, and use during your build season.
- Sensors 101: A basic overview of the FIRST-approved sensors for your robot.
- Understanding the FRC Robot Controller: Where to start programming to ensure robot functionality.
- Pre-Season Workshop Overview: A summary of the topics covered in the pre-season workshops, including mechanical, software, and electrical engineering.
- Design 101: Steps to design a robot, put together by our very own Mr. Ely to simulate build season.
- Mechanical Engineering 101: Steps to using mechanical engineering to build a robot, put together by our very own Mr. Ely to simulate build season.
- Robot Checklist: Spread sheet to ensure we have the needed parts to build a robot.
- FRC Programming Workshops: Tutorials by CB Thinkx LLC on how to program the hardware and software and the robot, for both beginner and advanced students. Included with are code samples for each tutorial.
- Ditching Dead Reckoning with Motion Profiling: A presentation on how the benefits of motion profiling, as well as how to implement it.
- Virtual Website Tour: Virtual tour of the website.
- FTP: How we upload info to and from the website.
- HTML: A powerpoint explaining the coding language of HTML.
- Membership Handbook: Information and rules about being a student member of Team Mercury